- 27-Apr-2017 to 10-May-2017 (PST)
- Lacey, WA, USA
- Full Time/Part Time
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Plan for working for a Nonprofit, Vacation Accrual & Paid Sick Leave
Note: This is a female only position. You will need to submit a completed application and detailed letter of interest by 9am on August 11th, 2016. If selected for an interview Human Resources will contact you for an interview date and time.
Float staff are leaders/mentors for staff and the individuals we provide services to. You will perform direct client care as well as additional leadship team support duties.
Kokua is a nonprofit agency providing support services to adults with disabilities in Thurston County. Kokua is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for caring and an interest in making a difference.
Must demonstrate well-developed communication skills and be able to work effectively in a work team environment. Employees must abide by the Kokua Code of Ethics and must commit themselves to work cooperatively in a work team environment.
In this job you will work directly with individuals, teaching life skills and supporting them to led full and meaningful lives. Some tasks:
- Supporting multiple homes with house staffing coverage.
- Providing support for teams through Peer Coaching and staff education.
- Complete some quality assurance and process support tasks.
- Complete some lawn and house maintenace as needed.
- Supporting the individual to meet their goals.
- Assisting an individual to communicate their needs.
- Supporting an individual with self-advocacy.
- Assisting an individual with household tasks and grocery shopping.
- Assisting with medication management and support.
- Assisting with behavioral supports.
- Supporting the work team to meet all of the needs of the individuals living in the home. The focus of this is independence and an increased ability to advocate for themselves.
Paid training on all job duties is included.
There are opportunities for advancement within the organization for individuals with a good work ethic and a heart for service.
Kokua prides itself on its support for staff and its mission to provide the best possible care for the individuals we support.
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- 401K Plan with profit sharing and matching
- 125 (Cafeteria) Plan
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Plan for working for a Nonprofit
- Vacation Accrual
- Paid Sick Leave
PLEASE NOTE: ALL CURRENT OPENINGS REQUIRE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE AND A GOOD DRIVING RECORD
Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to read and write English at high school level.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and have a good driving record. This position requires patience, good judgment and a willingness to learn new skills.
Applicants must have good work references. Employees must abide by the Kokua Code of Ethics and must commit themselves to work cooperatively in a work team environment. We embrace diversity.