- 23-Apr-2017 to 15-May-2017 (PST)
- Lacey, WA, USA
- Full Time/Part Time
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Plan for working for a Nonprofit, Vacation Accrual & Paid Sick Leave
Kokua is a nonprofit agency providing support services to adults with disabilities in Thurston County. Kokua is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for caring and an interest in making a difference.
In this job you will work directly with individuals, teaching life skills and supporting them to led full and meaningful lives. Some tasks:
- Supporting the individual to meet their goals.
- Assisting an individual to communicate their needs.
- Supporting an individual with self-advocacy.
- Assisting an individual with household tasks and grocery shopping.
- Assisting with medication management and support.
- Assisting with behavioral supports.
- Supporting the work team to meet all of the needs of the individuals living in the home. The focus of this is independence and an increased ability to advocate for themselves.
You will need to complete an application before your interview. You can pick one up on site and fill it out before your interview (1226 Carpenter Road SE Suite B-1, Lacey- WA 98503); email Cece to send you one (Cece@kokuaservices.com) or you can download the application off our website (www.kokuaservices.com).
Paid training on all job duties is included.
There are opportunities for advancement within the organization for individuals with a good work ethic and a heart for service.
Kokua prides itself on its support for staff and its mission to provide the best possible care for the individuals we support.
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- 401K Plan with profit sharing and matching
- 125 (Cafeteria) Plan
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Plan for working for a Nonprofit
- Vacation Accrual
- Paid Sick Leave
PLEASE NOTE: ALL CURRENT OPENINGS REQUIRE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE AND A GOOD DRIVING RECORD
Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to read and write English at high school level.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and have a good driving record. This position requires patience, good judgment and a willingness to learn new skills.
Applicants must have good work references. Employees must abide by the Kokua Code of Ethics and must commit themselves to work cooperatively in a work team environment. We embrace diversity.